Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Costco Cake Extraviganza…Day 29 Recap

I have to write about this because it is still in my mind, and I would like to get my thoughts down before I forget.

Way back on day 29, so 2 weeks ago, lol. I had a co-worker come into my office and ask me the following question, “Hey Jim, I’m going to Costco on my lunch and buying a cake any recommendations?” Really are you effing kidding me right now, I am on day 29 and I think that I’m doing ok so far and then I am thrown one of the biggest road blocks EVER a Costco cake. I don’t know if you have ever had a Costco cake, but let me tell you that it is truly a delight, I would smack my momma with my grandma for some Costco cake. A treat worth having, and I wanted to have it all. ALL OF IT!!! But I refrain and say, “I’m sorry but I can’t have any because I’m trying to eat healthy and the 11 bags of sugar and 4 pounds of butter in the cake is not healthy.” That was the last I had heard of it for about 15 minutes, another co-worker then proceeded to tease me about the damn delicious cake for the next 3 hours, “Hey Jim that cake will be real good, you should have some,” and the like. I was fine dealing with that because the cake hadn’t arrived yet. Like I said I was fine, until my co-worker got back with the cake, and brought it into my office for me to smell…let me repeat that for you, BROUGHT IT INTO MY OFFICE FOR ME TO SMELL…ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? It literally took all of my will power to say no thank you not once, twice, or thrice…I was asked 17 times by 7 different people in the office in 4 hours if I was going to have cake. Needless to say I made it through the day without eating any of the 9 pound cake of death. I think I only needed to say no once for it to sink in that I was really serious about losing weight this time…well in this case I said no 17 times, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment