Thursday, February 25, 2010

Apparently I’m Not Alone…Day 43

Here I am on day 43 I have decided to make an effort to blog every day about some thing that has to do with my weight loss, because I have a long term goal in mind. I weighed in last night and lost again, my current total is over 28 pounds that is over .6 pounds a day lost and over 112 sticks of butter. I wish I would have taken my measurements when I started, I am down from a 5x t-shirt to a 4x comfortably, and I can literally walk out of my pants which I think is hilarious. Anyways I am over 28 pounds closer to my goal of…I’m not sure what my goal is, I haven’t thought about it, I will think about that once I lose 10% of my total weight.

I think I want to talk about how I feel about my over exposure to the fast food industry, and how I absolutely hate it. I want to share that when I first started going back to weight watchers, I counted the number of places that I could stop and get something bad to eat, I included, any restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, and bars. I pass 42 places in my 10 mile drive to work. Well, 41 now because the BK on University by the main post office is closed and for sale. It is truly unfortunate that we make this horribly delicious and addicting food so readily available. It’s even more unfortunate that I know where all of these places are and when one has gone out of business. I’m sitting at my office typing this and eating cheerios thinking about how a breakfast sandwich would be way better than what I’m having now. Does it ever go away? Does it ever stop? Is it just me? NO, NO, and NO, because I was raised a fast food junkie, to look for an easy out, and that it’s ok to be lazy or worry about being healthy as long as it’s convenient. I think I like the phrase fast food junkie, cause I could use a dbl cheese hit. I used to joke that I was a dollar menuaire and that I used to take 700 calorie bites, but it doesn’t seem as funny anymore. I constantly want to eat fast food, its easy, fast, and tastes good. I have persevered, I say good morning day 43, and I have not eaten out once. I have also tried to eliminate the media which so blatantly and with out regard to my well being attacks me on a regular basis on average every 7-10 minutes by the newest burger at whatever fast food place. That’s right, I stopped watching TV, I am down to less than 1 hour a week if that. On my drives to and fro, I can’t listen to any radio station with out hearing a public service announcement from Ronny or the King. I’ve even run a few red lights (nothing new, right) because I don’t want to stop at a corner with a fast food place to smell it, it’s so inviting. You know what I’m talking about, right? One of Jimmy John’s signs in the window say “Smells Are Free,” that’s true, but not when they cost you a piece of your soul. So, I have to say apparently I’m not alone” I have several facebook friends fighting the same battle as me, I have won several battles, but I’m afraid that this war will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment