Monday, October 10, 2011

Starting over...again

It’s funny where we find ourselves sometimes, picking up from where we left off three months earlier. My life and weight loss have stalled once again, unfortunately I’m the only one to blame. I would like to point fingers, but I know it’s because I wanted to have some fun, and boy did I. I do feel like I'm in mourning for something or someone I have lost. Lost friendships perhaps, I'm not sure. Still it’s no excuse. So, I'm writing now as a therapeutic means of expression, and nothing more, so if my words find you, and help to motivate or inspire you, then hurrah. If not, then oh well, I didn't write this for you. LOL.

I won't have any accurate numbers for my weight until wed night. Once I weigh in I will post and then I am committing to posting once a week mostly because I need to be accountable to someone, and I guess I'm coming to terms with the fact that the only person I can truly be accountable to is myself.

I am currently working two jobs, one in financial aid and one at a new themed restaurant. I have to say I didn't think I would like working at the restaurant but I do. I like it more so than my regular full time job. I like the fact that I'm not bound to a desk, devoid of human contact and supervising a group of good kids. I have to say that working there and the ease of availability of food has contributed to my most recent weight gain of about 18 pounds, not that much in the grand scheme of things mind you, but still a significant weight gain in only a matter of weeks. I have stopped eating the food and started packing my supper. I spent my entire Sunday morning off, cooking and prepping food the week only to have to go to work and do it all over again. The definition of irony.

My birthday week was also a hoot. I turned 33 this year; well I've been telling everyone that I'm turning 25 for the 9th and final time, which has a double meaning. I went out more than I wanted to and spent a couple hundred dollars, lol. Oh well I had a good time and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED (for those of you who know what that means, you'll get a giggle). I did go out 6 days in a row on my bday week, a little excessive in hindsight, but I haven't had a bday party in years.

So once again I make the declaration that I will no longer be eating out or drinking until I lose all of the weight I have gained in the last 8 weeks. I will continue to pack my lunches even though several people freaked out because I did so. Get over it bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment