Thursday, October 27, 2011

Get it under control gurl!

So I preached a couple weeks ago about control and balance, how I wanted to get back on track and find my weight loss mojo again. Did that happen? Hell to the no. I have struggled. I feel like I’m under so much pressure. I have 2 jobs, one job my boss just came back from FMLA and I reasserting her authority (poorly in case you wanted to know), and my second job there seems to be an increasing amount of responsibility with no communication about it. I’m on the brink of a fight with my mother with her inappropriate comments at the most inopportune times possible. The passing of my grandfather was a big stressor last week. I’m consistently tired, but when I’m not sleeping or working, I'm drinking to stay calm. I wish I was independently wealthy so I could crawl under a rock and sleep for a month or two but c’est la vie.
So this week I'm starting off slow to regain balance in my life. I'm not drinking soda with caffeine and working out every other day. I tried two weeks ago jumping back into everything and over compensated with heavy drinking on the weekend. I feel I need to take small steps to ensure my success, and cutting out the regular soda and diet soda with caffeine is a good jumping point. Let me just make a side note here, I have the worst caffeine withdrawal headache and if I was a surgeon I would surgery you for some soda…surgery you to death LOL. Once I make it to Wednesday without caffeine I should be fine. Those Monster drinks, even the diet ones are ridiculous. I have decided that I am going to drink on Saturday the night of the Halloween party, and then I will not drink again until New Years Eve. It will definitely be a trial but I know it’s something I can accomplish. Short term goals for the win.
I have found two new workout partners, actually three, two for after work and one at work who committed to running the IMT half marathon October 2012. I have to say I'm totally stoked about it.
So in closing, I recommend this…baby steps bitch, baby steps. Patience is a virtue, a cliché yes but still applicable in my and many other peoples’ lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment